Building Performance Field Technician - Charlotte, NC
Building Performance Field Technician Charlotte, NC
* Full-time hourly position based in or around Charlotte, NC
* $17.00 - $24.00 / hour based on qualifications
* Perform residential building inspections which require daily travel to construction sites throughout SEM’s local market
* Company vehicle and equipment provided
* Opportunity to work at a mission-driven certified B Corp and INC Best Place to Work that is committed to leading the change by using business as a force for good
* Outstanding benefits package (health insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, vision, dental, 401(k), paid time off, holiday pay, and more)
* Opportunity to bring your passion for sustainability and clean energy to work
Do you believe that sustainable energy is a necessary part of our future and are excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? Then we want to hear from you!
Southern Energy Management (SEM) is seeking a full-time Home Performance Field Technician who will perform visual inspections, diagnostic testing, collecting field data and verifying single-family homes to various energy and green certifications such as Energy Star, NGBS, LEED for Homes and more.
Daily Job Duties:
* Inspect new residential buildings for code compliance and energy efficient construction features including framing, insulation, air barrier, and HVAC
* Perform diagnostic testing for whole house air leakage and duct leakage in new homes to calculate energy efficiency performance
* Communicate directly with home builders and trades, to help them meet their energy efficiency and sustainability goals
* Accurate, real time entry of field data into energy modeling software
* Passion for leading the change: A strong commitment to sustainable energy and dedication to the core values and long-term vision of Southern Energy Management
* Great customer relationship skills: You’ll be working closely with builders, trades, and other clients
* Communication skills: both written & verbal to collaborate with your team and clients
* Organizational and time management skills: must be able to maintain daily schedule
* Fast and accurate data entry: you’ll be collecting a lot of data that will be used for a variety of purposes, so entering accurate information is important!
* Computer and software skills: Technical proficiency and basic computer skills are a must. Experience with iOS, Adobe Acrobat, MS Excel, and energy modeling software is preferred
* Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds for 100 feet unassisted
* Ability to work outdoors, in basements, crawl spaces and attics
* Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
* Certification, or training in High Performance residential construction (BPI, RESNET)
* HERS Rater, RFI and/or NGBS Green Verifier designation is preferred
* Experience with HERS ratings and modeling software
* Strong math and geometry skills
* OSHA 10 certification
* Health, Vision, Dental, Life and Short/long term disability Insurance
* Matching 401(k)
* Paid time off & holiday pay
* Paid training and professional development opportunities
* 4 hours paid time to volunteer
* Pet Friendly Office
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
Diversity & Inclusion
SEM values diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified people to apply. Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQIA+ are especially encouraged to apply for this position. SEM is a company that values the employment of local community members -- seeking to bring historically disenfranchised voices to the forefront of projects in the field of energy and relating directly to climate justice.
If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
SHARE THIS JOB:
MORE SIMILAR JOBS
Amazon Flex Driving Job - Earn £13-£15
per hour - Reporting to