**Recruitment for this position is ongoing and more than one hire may be considered. If this posting is still up, we are still accepting applications.**
As our new Project Manager, you will manage a range of standard processes—including logistics, budgets, schedules and materials—to ensure smooth, seamless project execution. Your strong attention to detail and expert organizational abilities will have a significant and visible effect on the success of projects.
We’re EMS-Tech Inc.: a successful and expanding engineering firm that specializes in the design and construction of bulk material handling equipment. For over 30 years we have been lending our expertise to projects great and small, leaving a trail of very happy clients in our wake around the world. The best in this role will do more than apply a working knowledge of PM principles: they’ll take ownership and be a resource for everyone in the company.
Here are some of the things you’ll be working on:
* Participate in project scope, including schedules and budgeted hours
* Formulate budget estimates, establish priorities, and work with Project Engineer to prepare tender documents
* Monitor and work within budget allotments
* Act as primary point of contact for schedule updates while staying in contact with project team members
* Prepare and deliver regular reports to senior management
* Liaise with suppliers and clients, engaging in negotiations that prioritize project budgets and timelines
This is not a technical position, so while it would be great if you had some familiarity with our industry, there’s no need to be an expert. If you’ve got strong fundamental skills and experience in a traditional project management role, this is an opportunity for you.
The Right Fit
The best person for this role will come with a strong work ethic, and a commitment to doing things right.
You are also:
* Self-sufficient - you dive right in and are not afraid to ask questions. Where you see an opportunity to help your team, you take it. You’re driven by a desire to succeed and can work independently to achieve your goals.
* Keen to learn – you will take interest in our business processes and learning about the equipment and services we offer.
* A friendly person with an upbeat attitude - you get along easily with others and will bring a positive energy to our team daily.
* A multi-tasking pro – you juggle competing priorities and demands with ease using your superb organization and prioritization skills.
* Technically savvy – whether your experience is professional or personal, you love being on the cutting edge and are excited to use technology that is changing every day.
Working with EMS-Tech
With a picturesque and historic downtown, just steps from the best scenery and cottaging in the region, Belleville offers everything that you would miss living in a metropolitan area.
This is a full-time, permanent position, with flexible hours from Monday to Friday, between 7am to 6pm, with occasional overtime during busy periods. In addition to a starting salary, between $70,000 and $110,000 per year depending on your experience, you’ll receive a standard benefits package plus pension. We have flexible work arrangements and you will also need to be flexible to travel within Canada and outside of Canada.
You live our core values in your personal and work life:
* Trust – We believe trust is the outcome of mutually respectful relationships which are mindful of each others needs.
* Loyalty - We honour our employees as a career building community of professionals extending this responsibility to our clients and our suppliers.
* Integrity - Our commitment to integrity fuels our capacity to confront any ethical challenges that emerge.
* Tenacity - The passion and commitment to excellence of our people is the foundation of good customer service.
* Post-secondary degree/diploma in project management or field relevant to the role
* 8+ years industry and management experience, preferably in bulk material handling, engineering, or a similar industry
* Experience managing medium to large project budgets
* Experience negotiating supplier/client contracts
* Project manager professional designation preferred
* Expertise in common PM software and applications, including budgeting, scheduling, etc.
* Valid passport and ability to travel internationally
SHARE THIS JOB:
MORE SIMILAR JOBS
Amazon Flex Driving Job - Earn £13-£15
per hour - Reporting to