Under supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs accurate and efficient diagnostic exams in all areas of general radiology. Technologists must demonstrate good clinical skills and provide the best possible images for interpretation. Applies principles of radiation protection and complies with regulations. Assumes responsibility for designated area and provides clinical instruction as appropriate. Follows Beaumont philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care at all times.
1. Performs quality diagnostic exams after verification of patient identification and physician order.
2. Acquire an accurate patient history and document in the medical record.
3. Monitors patients during procedures to ensure patient safety.
4. Perform radiographic and related patient care procedures using age appropriate methods for patient’s physical ability and/or limitations.
5. Ensures STAT requests are relayed to radiologist in a timely manner
6. Effectively communicates on an inter/intra-department level with customer service, administrative, medical staff, and peers.
7. Demonstrates ability to proficiently operate diagnostic imaging equipment and follow policy for any malfunctions or quality control failures.
8. Utilize ALARA standards for minimizing radiation exposure to patient, staff and self.
9. Provides procedural information/education to the patient/family prior to each exam.
10. Contributes to the effective operations of the department by assisting fellow employees and staying in compliance with quality assurance and quality control.
11. Ability to accurately and efficiently use hospital computer systems for verifying orders, viewing schedules and sending information to PACS.
12. Assists in the training of students/new hires.
13. Ensures equipment is wiped down between patients and exam room is clean and properly stocked with linen and supplies.
14. Maintains competency in all assigned areas including, but not limited to fluoroscopic, general diagnostic, orthopedic and operating procedures.
A. Education / Training:
· Graduate of Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) Accredited Radiography program.
B. Work Experience:
· Training gained at student level.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
· Certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; Must remain in good standing with the ARRT.
· Must be registered within 6 months of hire date.
TEILEN SIE DIESEN JOB:
MORE SIMILAR JOBS
Amazon Flex Driving Job - Earn £13-£15
per hour - Reporting to