Beaumont HealthFraser, MI, United States
Afternoons Shift (Days Shift also available)
Under supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs accurate and efficient diagnostic exams in all areas of general radiology. Technologists must demonstrate good clinical skills and provide the best possible images for interpretation. Applies principles of radiation protection and complies with regulations. Assumes responsibility for designated area and provides clinical instruction as appropriate. Follows Beaumont philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care at all times.
1. Performs quality diagnostic exams after verification of patient identification and physician order.
2. Acquire an accurate patient history and document in the medical record.
3. Monitors patients during procedures to ensure patient safety.
4. Perform radiographic and related patient care procedures using age appropriate methods for patient’s physical ability and/or limitations.
5. Ensures STAT requests are relayed to radiologist in a timely manner
6. Effectively communicates on an inter/intra-department level with customer service, administrative, medical staff, and peers.
7. Demonstrates ability to proficiently operate diagnostic imaging equipment and follow policy for any malfunctions or quality control failures.
8. Utilize ALARA standards for minimizing radiation exposure to patient, staff and self.
9. Provides procedural information/education to the patient/family prior to each exam.
10. Contributes to the effective operations of the department by assisting fellow employees and staying in compliance with quality assurance and quality control.
11. Ability to accurately and efficiently use hospital computer systems for verifying orders, viewing schedules and sending information to PACS.
12. Assists in the training of students/new hires.
13. Ensures equipment is wiped down between patients and exam room is clean and properly stocked with linen and supplies.
14. Maintains competency in all assigned areas including, but not limited to fluoroscopic, general diagnostic, orthopedic and operating procedures.
A. Education / Training:
· Graduate of Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) Accredited Radiography program.
B. Work Experience:
· Training gained at student level.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
· Certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; Must remain in good standing with the ARRT.
· Must be registered within 6 months of hire date.
A. Physical Effort:
· Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 30 lb. objects with assistance of others; occasionally requires ability to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with assistance; and frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
· Position requires employee to constantly perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires employee to frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning patients.
· Position requires employee to constantly perform gross body coordination. Frequently perform tasks which require hand-eye coordination such as collecting of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which require arm-hand steadiness.
· Position requires employee to constantly walk and stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods; frequently bending such as when caring for a patient in bed.
· Position requires employee to constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects such as computer screens.
· Position requires employee to constantly be able to hear normal sounds with some background noise as in answering phone/intercom. Be able to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.
B. Work Environment:
· Employee may be: frequently exposed to ionizing radiation. Potentially exposed to hazardous material such as blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxins, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and or unpleasant noises: seldom exposed to, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances; fluctuations in temperature, grease, and oil.
· Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste materials of hazardous medications.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
This is where extraordinary begins. Find out where it can take you and your career. Apply Now!* Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
TEILEN SIE DIESEN JOB:
Die Größe der Datei sollte 5MB nicht überschreiten
Bitte Lebenslauf anhängen
Lebenslauf ist für diesen Job obligatorisch