LabcorpMadison, WI, United States
Labcorp Drug Development is looking for a Senior Clinical Veterinarian to provide surgical and veterinary health care for laboratory animals, give advice regarding the care and maintenance of laboratory animals, and provide training for technicians. To monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with applicable animal welfare regulations and help maintain facilities for AAALAC accreditation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Provide laboratory animal medical and surgical care by examination, treatment and advice to ensure adequate and humane veterinary support, at an independent, senior level.
• Assist site lead veterinarian with ensuring that company policies and practices regarding animal care and welfare are in compliance with relevant regulations.
• Assist in training of staff on animal health and welfare and veterinary procedures applicable to laboratory animals
• Assist with animal welfare-related regulatory/administrative duties [e.g., compliance with USDA, Home Office (etc.) regulations and standards, AAALAC, client visits]
• Serve on the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) or Ethical Review Panel (ERP), as needed.
• Perform physical examinations of laboratory animals as indicated in protocols and SOP.
• Perform ophthalmic or other veterinary examinations on laboratory animals as indicated in protocols and SOP.
• Provide scientific expertise on animal health, biology, physiology, and research methodology to staff scientists and technicians.
• Attend scientific meetings and provide leadership in scientific organizations, including attaining peer recognition through publications and/or presentations that contribute to the field of Laboratory Animal Medicine.
• Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
• Provide advice on focused area of expertise (e.g., anesthesia or ocular).
• Lead and complete team projects, as assigned.
• Mentor junior veterinarians and/or technicians.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
TEILEN SIE DIESEN JOB:
Die Größe der Datei sollte 5MB nicht überschreiten
Bitte Lebenslauf anhängen
Lebenslauf ist für diesen Job obligatorisch