Job Title: Sr. Engineering Manager
Location: Fort Myers, FL
-Day shift Monday- Friday
-128 hours paid time off annually
-5% match on 401k
-Medical, dental and vision
StandardAero one of the world aerospace industry’s largest independent maintenance, repair and, overhaul (MRO) providers is seeking a Sr. Engineering Manager at its Fort Myers Florida location. The Engineering Manager needs to be technically minded, hands on with the ability to demonstrate numerical and scientific ability and have keen problem solving skills. Contributor to a team player work environment, and provide technical support to the entire organization across all product lines, while overseeing the engineering group. This position will work in a shop & office related environment performing the following job responsibilities.
- Capable of producing analytical data in a variety of forms, and clearly summarizing that data in reports, that can be distributed both inside and outside the organization
- Work on and oversee all stages of new product development from research and design to manufacture and follow up continuous product improvement
- Works cohesively with operations to plan, direct, and coordinate new product introduction within the organization. Assists the operations team with resolving technical discrepancies.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing/repair processes using knowledge of product design, materials, parts, machining processes, special processes, fabrication, tooling, and production equipment.
- Performs reverse engineering of products as required to develop technical engineering data. Relies extensively on experience to make informed judgements needed to plan and accomplish engineering tasks & goals.
- Oversees the engineering group to insure assigned tasks are completed by the date(s) scheduled. Intervenes when work assignments require adjustment and communicates back to the general manager with alternate completions schedules.
- Many circumstances dictate that an engineering manager in the MRO industry be involved (on the shop floor) in the production of prototype and first & occasionally subsequent, lot runs or parts or repairs. It is expected that the engineering managers understanding of the processes, and direct involvement, will help to guide the machinists through setup and repair operations.
- Estimates costs, project timelines, and develops NRE as required. Monitors and evaluates workflow to ensure engineering team project timelines are achieved.
- Assists with other duties as dictated by the General Manager.
- Acts as a mentor/coach to junior engineers, and oversees training for organizational staff on new or existing projects.
- Maintains performance and quality goals as well as provides for general housekeeping of workspace.
- Adheres to all company safety rules at all times while in the workplace.
- Other duties may be assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine data/test results and provide correspondence. Ability to work with, and effectively communicate in a team environment.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as but not limited to tolerances/test results, proportions & percentages right angle trigonometry. Other abilities shall include area, circumference, and volume as well as the ability to apply concepts of algebra, geometry and other higher-level mathematical functions. Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing skills are an additional requirement of the position.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving technical related situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel Etc. and train on the company ERP software. This position also requires extensive knowledge of the company CAD system software, used for design and layout purposes. This individual is preferred to have a basic knowledge of CNC machine operations.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- This position is occasionally required to travel when necessary to customers, trade shows, as well as attend training and other job related required functions.
- Understands machining (both manual and CNC), setups, tooling and gaging
- Experience with hand tools such as screwdrivers, crescent, torque & Allen wrenches, etc. Machining tools including but is not limited to manual lathes, mills, grinders, saws as well as CNC machines of many varieties. Laboratory equipment including but is not limited to, current drivers, insulation resistance testers, voltage meters, etc.
- Knowledge and background in the aerospace machining/MRO industry
- Strong organizational skills and deductive reasoning
- An extremely high attention to detail
- Possesses listening skills and has the ability to follow instructions
- Demonstrates versatility and ability to learn and maintain multiple tasks
TEILEN SIE DIESEN JOB:
MORE SIMILAR JOBS
Amazon Flex Driving Job - Earn £13-£15
per hour - Reporting to