Job Title: Systems Principal Engineer
Location: Springfield, IL
- Responsible for generating requirements, specifications, block diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, bills of material, flight manual supplements, and test plans/reports for the design, development and integration of complex aircraft electrical/avionics systems.
- Provides overall management of the systems and electrical engineering deliverables.
- Formulate, implement and track assigned engineering programs to achieve overall goals, technical requirements, schedules, contracts, and specifications.
- Determine, control and report project engineering budget and variance.
- Coordinate data submittals supporting FAA certification
- Actively supports and participates in PDRs and CDRs.
- Interface with other Engineering Leads, CPMs and other departments to ensure design requirements are fully defined and provide estimates for the required activities.
- Required to complete technical reviews of others drawings to ensure zero rework at the shop level.
- Completes assignments within allotted time maintaining Engineering quality standards.
- Provides timely technical assistance to production, quality and other departments in interpretation and implementation of design data.
- Responsible for the following deliverables: - Electrical/ Systems Drawings
- Block Diagrams
- Electrical Load Analysis/ Electrical Load Change Report
- Associated Test Plans
- System Safety Assessment/ Functional Hazard Assessment
- Aircraft Flight Manual Supplements
- Associated Approvals
- Wire Routing Drawings
- Assist with ICAs, Cert Plans, and Issue Papers as required
- Assist Engineering Director as required.
- Perform other job duties as assigned. This position has indirect supervision responsibilities.
- BS Engineering (Electrical or Avionics) required. Five years or more of experience in corporate jet aircraft avionics and electrical systems design.
- Have awareness of design practices necessary to comply with FAA regulations and policies.
- Avionics/Electrical Modification Design Experience required.
- Be able to work either alone or as a team to solve problems.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to generate alternative ideas.
- Must be able to promote a team environment.
- Must be able to work overtime & weekends as required.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with AutoCAD. Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Walk throughout the facility.
- Work in a sitting position for long periods of time at a computer terminal.
- Lift up to 75 lbs.
- Bend, kneel, and stretch to work on various parts of the aircraft.
- Think clearly, logically, and analytically.
- Write and speak clearly and intelligibly.
- DER authorization preferred but not required.
TEILEN SIE DIESEN JOB:
MORE SIMILAR JOBS
Amazon Flex Driving Job - Earn £13-£15
per hour - Reporting to