- Competitive wages
- Generous paid time off
- Insurance includes medical, dental and vison benefits
- Retirement wages
- Clean, modern, air-conditioned facility
- Safety focused culture
- Advanced opportunities
Purpose – Job Summary:
Performs approved NDT (non-destructive testing) inspection including fluorescent penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current, X-Ray, and visual to document the servicing and repair of gas turbine engines, aircraft components, parts or accessories in accordance with the Repair Station Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturers’ specifications, approved technical data and Dallas Airmotive Inc. policies/procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance. Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Performs all designated non-destructive testing inspection duties in accordance with Dallas Airmotive, Inc. policies and procedures and provide reports/records, such as FRA 337’s, that comply with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, IPMs, manufacturers’ specifications and the policies of Dallas Airmotive Inc.
2. Sets up and calibrate equipment, prepare components for NDT inspection fully utilizing available equipment and processes including ensuring all equipment is in full working order by carrying out daily checks.
3. Assures that required preliminary, hidden, damage, progressive and final inspections are properly performed, and that proper inspection records, reports and forms are properly executed prior to releasing the product.
4. Completes NDT and appropriate (in-process) inspection of each overhauled or repaired engine, accessory, appliance and component at time of completion and prior to preparation for shipment.
5. Plans workload ensuring schedule times are achieved, in liaison with Production/Engineering teams.
6. May train and guide other NDT employees either as co-worker mentoring or instructing lower classifications.
7. May evaluate published technical data for timely and accurate applicability to NDT inspection procedures and develops/revises procedures as necessary to ensure reliable, quality products.
8. Provides technical support for development of salvage schemes for specific engines/components and takes appropriate actions in preventing release of defective, unserviceable, or un-airworthy parts.
9. Completes required inspection documents for compilation of statistical data as required.
10. Identifies opportunities for improvement processes, in working practices and team efficiency.
11. May perform warranty reviews and provide technical knowledge to warranty decision-making activities.
12. Creates investigation/production reports.
Qualifications - External
Education / Job Experience/Technical Knowledge Required: (Additional Competency List Attached)
Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Quality assurance, Aerospace, Quality Control/inspection, similar discipline, or equivalent work experience and training obtained from governmental or vocational training school programs.
Direct /Indirect Experience:
Minimum twelve to eighteen (12-18) months ND inspection and evaluation experience with aircraft powerplants for FAA certification or be powerplant certified.
Required on-the-job training program in magnetic particle inspection (MPI) and florescent penetrant inspection (FPI).
Previous Level II Certifications a must
Qualifications: (Including Licenses and Certifications)
Thorough working knowledge of FAA Part 145 regulations pertaining to inspection practices and familiarity with turbine engine principles including test cell performance, assembly practices, vibration and failure analysis, and general engine overhaul and repair procedures.
May be required to pass NDT and Inspection eye examinations and have NDT experience with applicable methods.
Knowledge of ISO 9000 or other regulatory specifications.
Must be able to read, interpret and understand technical manuals, work specifications, service bulletins and written work instructions, set up and calibrate equipment, prepare components for NDT inspection fully utilizing available equipment and processes.
Must pass general, specific and practical examinations in each magnetic particle or penetrant. (Must obtain an average grade of at least 80 percent with a minimum score of 70 percent on each examination).
Must be certifiable to NAS 410.
Level of Decision Making/Problem Solving:
When performing inspections or quality functions, the Inspectors are responsible to the repair station Chief Inspector and the Vice President, Quality/Engineering, Dallas Airmotive Inc. Dallas, Texas. A repair station Inspector's decision on inspection matters can only be countermanded as jointly agreed by the Satellite Shop Chief Inspector and/or the Vice President, Quality/Engineering.
Physical And Mental Demands: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical:Sedentary Work: exerting up to (50-70) pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Work involves walking, sitting, driving or standing for brief periods of time. Reaching: extending hands and arms in any direction. Handling: seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand(s). Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds by ear.
Works under frequent, but cyclical moderate emotional and time-sensitive performance pressure because erroneous decisions or actions may result in delays in repair/program schedules resulting in additional allocation of resources and may cause financial and contractual harm to the company.
Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal up to 25% of work time.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Engine shop and shop office environments, including hoists, heavy parts, chemicals and fluids with use of precision instruments, stringent housekeeping and work area safety regulations and practices to observe and maintain.
Environment may include brief periods of elevated noise exposure due to engine testing, exposure to outside weather conditions required to service aircraft engines and accessories.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
TEILEN SIE DIESEN JOB:
MORE SIMILAR JOBS
Amazon Flex Driving Job - Earn £13-£15
per hour - Reporting to