- Competitive wages
- Generous paid time off
- Insurance includes medical, dental and vison benefits
- Retirement wages
- Clean, modern, air-conditioned facility
- Safety focused culture
- Advanced opportunities
Performs turbine engine repair or overhaul inclusive of troubleshooting (both on or off wing), disassembly, cleaning, inspection & NDI, machining, assembly, testing, and preservation tasks conducted in the process of approving for return to service any aircraft, engine, module, accessory or part for which the repair station is rated, according to their ability and certification to perform such work, following all health and safety practices and requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance. Other duties may be assigned.)
Follow all required standards in the performance of assigned work displaying appropriate competencies in accordance with FAA Regulations, OEM manuals, and related materials. Incumbent is required to meet all training requirements set out in a separate, but specific Training Matrices chart for each job. Duties include but not limited to the following:
• Conducts necessary troubleshooting and/or repair (either on or off wing) on turbine engines.
• Disassembly and assembly of various models of turbine engines according to sequence utilizing aircraft tools, balance machines, surface grinders, drill presses, and other equipment for repair and/or overhaul.
• Receives engine parts to conduct inspections using precision measuring tools in order to detect physical defects such as cracks, burns, foreign object damages, proper screws and structure deviations.
• Evaluates engine parts to determine which parts are repairable or unrepairable; refers to micrometers and other precision-measurement tests to determine further routing to other destinations or to scrap parts.
• Inspect aircraft engine parts to determine and/or perform NDT requirements.
• Utilizes applicable database system in order to retrieve information regarding parts inventory, manufacturing models, serial numbers, and/or other pertinent information to ensure proper documentation.
• Refers to technical publications, specification sheets and/or other regulatory requirements in order to ensure that all tasks have been completed in proper sequence and required signed-off.
• Customer contact and travel (up to 50% of the time) may be required.
• General facility cleaning and maintenance.
Qualifications - External
• Should have 1 to 5 years or more experience in gas turbine engine/components maintenance and repair.
• Previous engine maintenance experience in the aerospace field on turbine engines; Rolls Royce and/or Pratt and Whitney experience preferred.
Qualifications, Specific Skills, and Competencies (Including Licenses and Certifications):
• FAA Power Plant license required or must be acquired within 1 year of job award.
• FAA Airframe license (preferred).
• Level II NDT Certification (preferred).
• Computer literacy skills are required.
• Must be able to read, interpret and understand technical manuals, work specifications and written work instructions, ability to read micrometers and other precision-measuring instruments.
• Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally with peers, clients, and public.
• Ability to get along with co-workers and peers.
• Maintenance of regular attendance and punctuality with customary tolerance.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job)
• Shop Work: exerting up to 25 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Work involves walking, sitting, driving or standing for brief periods of time. Near clarity of vision is required for close up engine and chart/document analysis.
• Reaching: extending hands and arms in any direction.
• Handling: seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand(s). Fingers are involved to the extent that they are an extension of the hand, such as to turn a switch or shift gears such as picking, pinching or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
• Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to convey detailed spoken instruction to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
• Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds by ear.
Mental Demands: (The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job)
• The job requires careful diligence/attention in performing duties under normal mental stresses commonly associated with detailed mechanical/technical work.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
• Engine shop environments, including: hoists, heavy parts, chemicals and fluids with use of precision instruments, stringent housekeeping and work area safety regulations and practices to observe and maintain.
• Environment may include brief periods of elevated noise exposure due to engine testing.
• May have occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
TEILEN SIE DIESEN JOB:
MORE SIMILAR JOBS
Amazon Flex Driving Job - Earn £13-£15
per hour - Reporting to