A job that allows you to earn large amounts of money, travel and achieve fulfilment? It exists.
A job that allows you to earn large amounts of money, travel and achieve fulfilment? It exists. Welding jobs are a great career option. If you are thinking about starting a job as a welder, take a look at our post. We’ll help you find out everything you need to know about this job.
Why Choose Welding Jobs in 2022
As you know, employment has come to a standstill in many sectors. However, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in welding jobs will grow up to 8% by 2030. It’s a great time to jump into working in a growing industry. And you can find many benefits.
Welding jobs are among the highest paying in the world. And the demand for labour is very high because many of today’s welders are starting to retire. It is a flexible job, encompassing different roles, such as pipeline welders, ironworkers or even underwater welders!
In the welding field, it is easy to specialize in a particular field that interests you and gain a reputation for improving your conditions. Depending on the role you are interested in, welding jobs may not require a large investment for training and will allow you to earn a fixed and high salary. Find out how below:
How Much Do Welding Jobs Pay? Average Salary
Working as a welder can bring a great salary, but it will not be instantaneous and will depend on your choices. Average welding jobs will pay about $30,000 – $60,000 per year. That’s a decent salary, but, indeed, it won’t make you rich. However, there are possibilities to raise the numbers.
With patience, years of experience and, above all, a great deal of specialization it is possible to achieve salaries above $100,000/year and even $200,000/year! Of course, many variables influence salary. Hours, risk of the job, location of the job and the worker’s certifications will change the salary. Below we explain which specializations are most in demand.
To find out what is the average salary in your area, why don’t you take a look at the welding jobs in Jobstoday.world? It will give you a much more accurate picture of what you can expect to earn.
Are Good Welding Jobs at Hand?
Sound good? To get started in welding jobs, it’s important to know how to get started. To do this, it will be essential to learn about safety on the job and invest in welding education. Although it is a very rewarding job, you can’t forget that it may be dangerous and you must be properly prepared for it.
What are the best-paying welding jobs? Take a look at our top 5.
- Military Welders. Of course, working in a war zone pays well. Not everyone is cut out for a job like this. The risk military welders face comes with a price. Literally. Their salary goes up to $160,000/year.
- Pipeline Welders. Pipelines are one of the foundations of modern life thanks to the transmission of energy. To avoid potential leaks, it is essential to have the best ones. Pipeline welders may have to travel far from their place of residence, but in return, they can earn up to $135,000/year.
- Nuclear Welders. Working with nuclear material requires a lot of certification, experience and solid skills. Nuclear welders work in nuclear power plants, so the danger is high. So much so that their salary can reach $150,000/year.
- Underwater Welders. Of course, if we talk about dangerous jobs, underwater welders can be one of the first. You will have to invest heavily in education because safety in this job is key. But it will be more than compensated when you reach more than $150,000/year.
- Rig Welders. As far as welding jobs go, the best paying one is on oil rigs. Of course, this is a position with great responsibility. You will have to spend long periods away from home, several certifications will be required and you will perform highly difficult tasks. Only the best of the best can make it. In return, a salary of over $200,000/year awaits you.
Is Welding a Good Career? – 3 Pros and 3 Cons
Welding jobs are not for everyone. So check out our list of 3 pros and 3 cons to see if it’s the right job for you:
- It’s well-paid. As you have seen, welding jobs allow you to have a decent life and, if you are interested, you can reach positions with a great salary.
- But it will require investment. You will have to make a prior investment in education, especially for more responsible roles. Of course, you will get it back later, but the initial investment is at your own expense.
- It allows you to travel. In almost all welding positions, travel will be required. Expenses will be covered by the company, so you can enjoy your free time getting to know the world!
- But you may have to spend a lot of time away from home. In the more complex positions, you may have to spend weeks or months away from home. But this won’t be a problem if you are prepared.
- It’s fulfilling. It’s very positive to know that what you’re working on is helping people. Welding jobs allow you to help and create with your hands, which will help your personal fulfilment.
- But it involves some danger. In any welding job, there will be a certain level of risk, which will increase in certain positions. However, with proper education and safety, the danger will be minimal.
How do you feel about welding jobs? Interested? At Jobstoday.world we have plenty of offers for you to take the plunge into a new job today – we look forward to seeing you in your perfect position! Let’s work together.