2020 hasn’t been easy for almost any industry, and employers had to make tough decisions to stay afloat
Since the beginning of 2020, life hasn’t been easy for almost any industry. Jobs were destroyed and employers had to make tough decisions to stay afloat. But although so many fields were hurt by the pandemic, warehouse workers were not one of them. Do you want to discover how and why it has become one of the most demanded job fields?
Best Warehouse Jobs & Salaries (2022)
While many companies experienced a downfall or had to shift to remote work, warehouse jobs saw a great opportunity. Considering that people all around the globe had to spend more time at home than ever before, the increase in warehouse workers has not been a surprise.
Social distancing and COVID-19 forced the world to stay home. In doing so, they also accelerated the development of e-commerce. More warehouse workers were needed than ever before. And the trend has continued to grow. That’s why working in a warehouse brings security – and it can also bring many benefits!
Discover the 5 best-rated companies to become a warehouse worker.
- FedEx warehouse jobs. At FedEx, the biggest benefit is flexibility. There, warehouse workers can work full-time or part-time. And there is also the possibility of overtime. It includes great benefits such as medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition reimbursement and work-life balance facilities.
- UPS warehouse jobs. With almost 500,000 employees and a presence in more than 200 countries, UPS is also a great candidate for warehouse workers. In addition to the usual benefits, UPS actively encourages training and advancement of the team. If you’re looking for a long-term career, UPS is the place to go.
- Walmart warehouse jobs. Working at one of the largest companies in the U.S. is a sure value. With more than 2 million workers worldwide, Walmart provides its employees with many benefits such as family support, education, and healthcare. Whether you want to earn some money for the summer or create a stable job relationship, Walmart is a great option.
- Amazon warehouse jobs. If you are thinking about joining Amazon, you should know that they also provide all their workers with unique perks and benefits. Besides offering good healthcare coverage for their employees and eligible family members, they provide a 401(k) savings plan, paid time-off, and holiday overtime pay.
- Aldi warehouse jobs. Aldi is present in the US, UK and Europe, where it originated. Working conditions are among the best in the industry and salaries are above average. In return, you need to be a motivated and interested worker. It might be a great opportunity for you.
How Much Do Warehouse Workers Earn? – Salary by Country
Overall, the highest-paying warehouse jobs are a stocker ($12.01/hour), a production worker ($11.96/hour), and an inspector or packer ($11.76/hour). The average salary of a warehouse employee in the US is $12.96/hour and $4,687/year. The highest-paying cities in the United States are Phoenix, Atlanta, and Las Vegas.
On the other side of the Atlantic, warehouse jobs are also well-paid and can cover the costs of living. For instance, the average salary of a warehouse worker in Luxembourg is 33,980€/year, while in Germany that number is 28,020€/year. But if you seek warehouse work in Greece, your median payroll will be 16,631€/year.
We know that you may need more precise information. That’s why you can check on our website, Jobstoday.world, what are warehouse workers paid near you. It is a perfect opportunity to find out the requirements and conditions of warehouse jobs in your area.
Ready to Join the Warehouse Workers? – 7 Must-Have Skills
You may already be thinking about jumping at the first job offer. But maybe you should think again. Although warehouse workers have many benefits, it’s also a demanding job. Some skills are indispensable, so check out our top 7 skills to be the best.
- Teamwork. Essential in all jobs, but even more so in this one. Warehouse workers depend on each other to get the job done. You are a cog in the wheel and you must work properly for the rest of the team to function well.
- Flexibility. You may have to do several different jobs. You must be open to change and be able to modify your schedule without notice. Adapting well will speak well of you!
- Quick learning. Warehouse workers maintain a fast and demanding work pace. You must learn in the right way so you don’t slow down the team. Independence is a plus.
- Organization. Of course, in warehouses, the team must have excellent coordination to carry out the daily work. Therefore, you must be a person with great organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks without a superior being on top of you at all times.
- Speed and good physical shape. You don’t need to have a gym body. But you do need certain stamina and the ability to perform tasks properly – shifts are demanding and will be a good exercise for you! Take the opportunity to get in shape if you plan to become a warehouse worker.
- Solution-finding abilities. Being able to solve problems without interrupting the whole team will speak highly of you to your superiors. Knowing the protocols inside out will help you.
- Discipline. Finally, warehouse workers must know where to be at all times and have perfect control of the situation. Discipline is necessary in order not to stop the team and to ensure that the day will run as it should.
At Jobstoday.world, we have thousands of offers for warehouse workers, why don’t you discover yours today? It’s the perfect time to find the job of your dreams. We look forward to doing it with you. Let’s work together.